What Are Dental Implants?Thankfully, dental implants give you the next best thing to natural teeth. Dental implants function just like the root of a normal tooth, therefore they don't undermine any remaining teeth. With the help of your dentist and Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon, your replacement teeth are created to look just like your normal teeth, down to every last detail. Once the crown is placed on your implant, friends, family, and strangers won't even be able to tell you have implants!
Other advantages dental implants offer include:
- You cannot feel the difference between your implant and actual teeth.
- For over 40 years, dental professionals have accepted dental implants as a trusted and respected method for replacing teeth and improving overall health.
- Dental implants are made from titanium, which is a bio compatible fixture accepted by the body.
- They offer a lifetime solution with the proper care and oral hygiene
- Since implants fuse to your remaining healthy bone, they support the natural boneand prevent further bone loss. This is by far one of the most important advantages!
- No adjustments are necessary after the implants are placed and have fused to your bone.